Skip to main content

'Stop allowing the world to tell you how to live your life on social media' - SA rapper, Cassper Nyovest

South African rapper, Cassper Nyovest, is out giving life lessons on social media. The rapper called out those who tell people how many times they can wear their clothes saying, 'stop allowing the world to tell you how to live your life. Stop validating yourself through compliments'.

Read his piece below...
My bestfriend says he wants 2 go buy new clothes cause sum1 asked him if he ever changes clothes. I said, at the age of 29? You still care? Guys, stop allowing the world to tell you how to live your life. Stop validating yourself through compliments. IT'S YOUR LIFE!! GOD SAID SO! Growing up I struggled with my confidence cause my parents couldn't afford my taste and I used to have rich friends who had everything.

Not having rich parents was a blessing in disguise cos not only did it make me independent but my self-confidence wasn't build on material. I'm making this thread cause even a person who is as successful as me gets those "is that your only shoe" comments & I'm like Wanyela? #Wanyela to be telling people how many times they can wear thier clothes and if you expect them to live their lives according to your rules! #Wanyela if you gonna be ouchea pressurizing ppl like wena your life is perfect & you don't have financial challenges like the rest of us.

We all ouchea tryna figure dis life ting out so #Wanyela if you think I'm gonna allow u 2 put more pressure on me when I have my own stress. Re sokola rotle!! We are all struggling , some more than others but we all ouchea trying. The only pressure I will allow is the one that comes from within. I will live my life!!! with my pace!!! Whether Its slow or fast!! My rules!!! If you have been allowing people to dictate how you live, It stops today!!! From 2day, You dictate!!! You are the boss!!! Ska ba hemisa!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Ksenia Sobchak: The pretty reality TV star that wants to replace Vladimir Putin as Russian President

Pretty Ksenia Sobchak is popular a socialite and reality TV star who intends to replace Vladimir Putin as Russian President during the March 2018 presidential election. She's described in the media as Russia's Paris Hilton, and wrote a book titled "How to Marry a Millionaire". In an interview with CNN's Christine Amanpour she said that starting with participating in massive opposition protests in 2011 and 2012 her "fight against the regime" gained legitimacy. The 36-year old star is also the daughter of Vladimir Putin's political mentor. In September 2017, Vladimir Putin spoke on Sobchak's presidential intentions at a press conference saying, 'every person has the right to nominate himself in accordance with the law. And Ksenia Sobchak is not an exception here. I respect her father Anatoly Sobchak, I believe that he was an outstanding figure in contemporary Russian history. I'm saying this without a trace ...

Billionaire Kidnapper Evans to be Arraigned in court today

Notorious kidnapper, Evans to be arraigned in court tomorrow  Notorious billionaire kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike aka Evans, will be arraigned at the Ikeja High Court tomorrow. The Zonal Police PPRO, Dolapo Badmus, exclusively revealed this to LIB this evening and also adviced members of the public who have no business at the above-mentioned court to stay away from the premises. The Notorious kidnap kingpin who has been in detention for over two months was arrested on the 10th of June at his Magodo residence in Lagos. Evans, a native of Umudim, in Nnewi, Anambra State, was behind the kidnap attempt on prominent transporter and owner of Young Shall Grow Motors, Chief Vincent Obianodo.  He was also behind a series of attacks, including armed robbery and kidnapping in and outside of Lagos, which LIB extensively reported in June Read here 

Wenger: I almost quit Arsenal

The Frenchman has come under increasing criticism as the Gunners continue to fail to reach the heights that saw them considered one of England’s biggest clubs a decade ago. And while Wenger has led the north London side to three FA Cup titles in the last four seasons, their sixth-placed finish in the Premier League last term and subsequent exclusion from the Champions League has seen the pressure mount. Arsenal were also handed a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Liverpool prior to last week’s international break, while their lacklustre transfer business in August has left more questions than answers hanging over the Emirates Stadium. “Yes, I hesitated to extend for personal reasons,” Wenger told French television. “I’ve been at Arsenal for 20 years, and I’m always wondering if I should continue to lead the club. We were doing quite badly last season.”